Major API Updates
Over the past few weeks, our developers have been hard at work creating and extending our API. Along with some security updates, I’m happy to announce the release of some really cool and anticipated API methods, and the expansion of some existing ones. Here’s the gist:
- Get a list of pending money requests
- “Fulfill” (read: pay) a pending money request
- Fetch detailed request information by its ID
- Get Webhook notifications when a request has been fulfilled
- Consolidated Webhooks URL is now an option
- Requests no longer require a user’s PIN
- We’ve added signatures to all our Webhooks
- Fetching transaction details is now possible by the associated OAuth token, or App credentials
With the rise and adoption of “Smart POS” systems, Apple’s Passbook, and other cool mobile innovations, we’ve felt that we needed to ramp up API support for these new possibilities. This pack of API additions and expansions should give developers the power and tools they need to create some awesome Dwolla POS integrations. But we didn’t just stop there. Taking in feedback from the community, we’ve also added some added security to our webhooks system, adding signatures to all outgoing notifications. Now, developers can verify the origin of messages before acting on them.
What do you think? Comments? Questions? Did we miss something? Write down your thoughts in the comments below, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.