There are 27.7 million businesses in the United States, and how you find one of Dwolla’s 15,000 has never been easy. Today, for the first time ever, we’re changing that.
Introducing, Dwolla Places…
What does it do?
- “Places” tab: The new interface acts as a directory, allowing users to search and explore their local merchant communities, informing them who takes Dwolla and who doesn’t.
- Introduces the “Want” button: This feature, available only inside “Places,” currently provides users with a social tool to communicate their interest in paying with Dwolla to perspective merchants.
- Public pages: Now, every venue and location listed also has its own public Page. For non-Dwolla merchants, it provides people a platform to kickoff recruitment campaigns and track the number of requests made to the merchant. For existing Dwolla merchants, it’s another way to be found and receive payments. For consumers, it’s an easy way to recruit Dwolla users and non-users to your cause.
Let’s try it out… Click the image below, and then the “Want” button to let this totally random public Dwolla Place know you want the Dwolla experience.
A few other cool things:
- Search: Find any local merchant, good or service just like you would on Google. Want coffee? Begin typing in “coffee.” Want to fix that ding in your car? Type in “auto body.” Want to know if eCreamery in Omaha, NE takes Dwolla? Type in “eCreamery.” The search will issue best matches based on your location and what’s in the system.
- Social: Get your favorite merchants on board even faster with easy to share messages and recruitment tools, like a shortened URL and pre-populated social templates.
- Foursquare integration: Connecting to foursquare enables users to immediately find their favorite check-ins.
- Notifying you: We’ll let you know via email when a requested merchant signs up for Dwolla.
- Claiming a location: After a quick verification process, non-Dwolla merchants can easily claim their location simply by registering. Already a Dwolla merchant? Don’t worry, we’ve already done it for you (feel free to check though).
Be sure to check out the video
A few things to note:
- Please, break this: The system was designed to learn and is still in Beta. That’s a fancy way of saying that it’s still learning and building a database of businesses all over the country. Depending on where you’re at and how many searches have been made in that location, you could run into a few goofy searches and some longer wait-times for results (up to 15 seconds) the first few times. Ultimately, your patience will help improve the results be faster and more relevant.
- Where do you want Dwolla?: Help us figure out where Dwolla would be most meaningful to you. Request your favorite merchants by selecting “I want Dwolla at this location.”
- Give us feedback: Simply put, “What sucks?” Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org