Dwolla FiSync – Financial Institutions See A Future Beyond Plastic and it is Dwolla.
Dwolla users have known cash-styled transactions will continue to have a future in the world, but now, so does your financial institution.
They’ve recently found value in Dwolla-driven transactions and how cell phones have the capability to do so much more than plastic cards. For example:
- We allow greater control over personal credentials, yielding a much safer and more secure payment experience
- Dwolla provides the ability to link with your social networks to effortlessly send and receive money with friends, family and organizations you care about
- We allow you to select and find merchants to do business with in real-time, based on your current location
- Dwolla provides the ability to share your purchase experiences with friends, family, and others in your social networks
Today, we’re happy to announce one more value-add we’ve been working on:
For the first time ever, we are going to give you a dynamic platform that will be able to sidestep laborious ACH load and unload times, grant transparent access to your banking information and connect you instantly to the funds that you want to spend.
All of this begins now. We’ve already begun implementing Dwolla’s technology into financial institutions nationwide.
Earlier this month we began the first implementation of our new banking services product with Premier Credit Union here in Des Moines. Called Dwolla FiSync (“Fi” being short for financial integration), the new technology is the direct result of our strategic relationship with our investor and technology partner, The Members Group. When completed this mid-level integration will cut out our current verification times of 2 to 3 days when you initially register an account; thus, allowing their members instant access to the Dwolla ecosystem. You can read more about it in their press release.
This new type of integration with Dwolla is a pivotal first step in what we see as the future of cash. The result is a revolution in the typical ACH processing procedures and a streamlined cash transaction from your bank account to a recipient, all through a phone.
What does this mean for you?
Joining a bank or credit union with full Dwolla FiSync integration gives you the convenience of mobile payments, the peer-to-peer experience of Facebook and Twitter, and the location-based technology of Spots all in the palm of your hand, all available in an instant. Powered by Dwolla, these new financial institutions will be able to add a whole new depth to the banking experience. Pure unadulterated and rightful access to your hard earned cash for you to spend in the way that’s easiest for you.
So here’s what continues to be interesting about this:
- Which would you choose?
- ACME Banking, which will mail you a checkbook and a few plastic cards?
- Innovative Trust Banking, which will do the the same, but also provide you with instant access to your money on your phone for you to spend whenever, wherever, at no cost to you?
- If you had the ability to never visit another ATM again, how happy would you be?
- No more cards, no more plastic, no more physical cash. Just control.
- What else can you think of? Tell us in the comments section…
To Financial Institutions,
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our lead at The Members Group, Brian Day. We created specific APIs, which will allow you custom integrate Dwolla’s technology into your current systems at a level that is most convenient for you and your members. For more information please contact: